1/26/2014

Ryiah's Prayers

I'm not sure if she has done this before, but I heard Ryiah say a quick prayer as she struggled to find her Pluto pup. She was on her way to bed and realized he wasn't with her. We both looked around a little and before I walked around the corner to meet her I heard her say with a sad and nervous voice, " ... I'm thankful for my mommy and dad and please bless ... and I'm thankful for ... and please help me find Pluto. I really can't find him. I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, amen. "
Talk about a heart melting moment. I'm still a bit speechless. I don't know why I'm so surprised because we say our prayers and she's been taught to do so at any time whenever she needs guidance, but this was all her. She did this without being nudged by me. I stood there for a moment with a smile and misty eyes as I realized in that moment that she was, once again, teaching me. My heart truly overflows for this little one.
Right after this prayer I pointed out that the last place we put him was the kitchen so he could watch us bake. She grabbed him and said, "I knew saying my prayers would help."
Well, she wasn't done there. When I couldn't find the right lyrics to some of the bedtime songs we sang, she ducked her head under the sheets and asked Heavenly Father to help me. When I was trying to leave her room she asked him to not let me leave. LOL! I'm glad she is reaching. She understands that she can pray at any time and for anything. Even though I'm teaching her these things, she is the one to remind me of them most of the time. I just cannot get enough of this child.



No comments:

Post a Comment