Heart. Bursting.
After I read to, sang to, tucked in and kissed Ryiah she let me know she wasn't tired. I told her to read books until she fell asleep but not to get out of bed. I peeked in on her about 30 minutes later to find her reading her book of Book of Mormon stories. She was reading out loud and flipping through pictures. She also had a pile of other books at her feet. After taking a picture that didn't really turn out I left her alone while saying a little prayer of gratitude for her being sent to me.
I was winding down and getting ready to do nothing for the first time today as I heard a little voice behind me, "Mommy?" I turned around to see my sweet little gal standing there holding a book while looking at at me with questioning eyes that are impossible to ignore. I took advantage of the moment and told her the only way I was letting her stay up was if she snuggled with me. We read this book together and half way through Ryiah stopped me and asked, "How did Jesus actually become the Savior?"
I'm grateful for the opportunity this gave us to spend more time together as I tried to answer the questions that were spinning in her incredible mind.
At the end of every day I go to bed wanting to be better ~ because of Ryiah.
❤️




No comments:
Post a Comment