I have only myself to blame.
It's crazy to think of how differently things would be if I had only done this instead of that, turned left instead of right, said no instead of yes, followed the example of this person instead of that one ... I used to say I don't regret anything, I just try to learn from it. Though I do learn from my past choices, I realize now that I do in fact regret some of them. I should have made better decisions in a lot of different circumstances. I also should have been LESS responsible at times and just went for it! I held back when I should have gone full force and I pulled the trigger when I should have run! Hind site, eh?
Being single with a 5 year old is now my life. I've had several relationships that have all ended. I have no long history at this point to be able to look back on and laugh at with the one person who would get it. It's weird.
Dating now is not the same as dating in my 20's. Back then I was a young, carefree, social butterfly that lived a different life style. It was easy, breezy and fun! I loved it. Now, I'm a mom. I am focused solely on my daughter. My life revolves around what her needs and wants are. Dating wasn't even a serious thought to me for years and now that it is, I am seeing that the dating game is completely different. MOST people in their 30's have - for the most part - figured out who they are and have established their way of life. They have a career, they have kids, they have drama with the ex(s) ... blah, blah, blah. They are either looking for their soulmate or have decided they will never again take that route. At this point, we have all had our first love, given our hearts to "the one" and given our all to that relationship/marriage. I feel that I will never be able to have that with anyone from this point forward. We will never be a "first" for each other. Yes, we can make new memories and love and laugh and have a great life, but to know that those special "firsts" went to someone else is a hard realty to accept. But that's just it - it's reality. Bummer.
No comments:
Post a Comment