6/03/2014

Fine, I'll Accept It

Honestly, this is a hard one. I have been in denial for years and only within the last week or two have I really started to admit this and truly see it. It's not that I wasn't willing to say it or see it, but I genuinely did NOT see it. I could not see how others saw it. I was comlpletely shocked and taken aback that others would see me in a way that I just wasn't grasping myself. It's time to embrace it and allow it to happen, hopefully in a graceful manner. Here it goes ... 

I admit it, I do not ... *deep breath* umm, I do not look 25. 

What. The. Hell. 

This has taken me some time to accept and to realize that it's happening whether I like it or not. It's not about BEING in my 30's, it's about looking like I am. I hate it. And like I said, until a couple weeks ago I couldn't see it. So when someone would guess I was in my early 30's I would be offended. I would look in the mirror and stare at girl I saw in her mid 20's. The last few pictures I've seen of myself have proven me wrong. Reality has slapped me in the face hard enough to cause wrinkles and age spots and I can't stand it! However, now that my ignorance is gone, I will choose to embrace it and love it (as much as one can) and hope that as I strive to take care of myself, life will be good to me and I can age with a bit of grace. I'm a couple years late but it is time to say goodbye to my 20's *tears*.



No comments:

Post a Comment