This child keeps me on my toes. I feel so ridiculous when I actually cannot answer her questions immediately. I have to actually out some thought into it and sometimes google that crap! She is so smart and comprehends things far beyond her years. When I try to stump her with something she looks at me with a twisted face and says, " What sense does that make? None at all! " I have to just laugh because there is very little that gets by her and I'm seriously in for it!
2/17/2014
Inquisitive Little Mind
Ryiah's inquisitive mind has been reeling lately as she is trying to figure out why things were given the specific names they have. She has been asking things like - Where did they get that name? Why is a bridge called a bridge? Who said it should be called that? How does everyone learn the words when we come down from heaven? I mean, how does everyone understand what the words are and where they come from? How did the very first people learn what things were called? ... I know why toothpaste is called toothpaste - because it's a paste that goes on your teeth. But why is it called paste? Who named them teeth?" And on and on and on... And ON!!! Everything we talk about or pass by is questioned. Why is it called this or that? What's the meaning behind that name?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment