1/01/2014

All This From My Vacuum

For the past 4 1/2 years I've been on my own. Single. I've always had a pretty independent mind and way about me so being on my own suites me very well. Recently getting back on my feet and into my own place after my divorce has been the most liberating thing I have done in a very long time. I love my own space and my own messes and my opinion being the only one that matters. I love answering to no one and not asking for anything. It feels good. 

After a week of looking at my vacuum torn apart and 3 attempts at putting it back together myself, I've finally realized something - being self reliant is one thing; being too prideful and stubborn and hard toward opening up and allowing someone to be with me and help me and love me is another. Yep, I got all that from my vacuum! 

I should probably listen to my vacuum (I mean, the thoughts that came to mind while failing 3 attempts to fix my vacuum)  and make 2014 a bit different. I think I'll soften up to the idea of a relationship not being a bad idea. There's got to be a good one out there that can restore my faith, right? I guess the trouble won't be finding someone; anyone can find someone. I need to find a great one. Let me know if you know of any. ;)

Here's to 2014!

No comments:

Post a Comment