My friend's younger sister lost her baby two days ago. She was 31 weeks along. She had been to the doctor a few days before and everything was fine. There were no signs of distress or other concerns. Lori woke up a few days later and just felt something was off. She wasn't feeling her baby boy. She went to the doctor to find there was no longer a heartbeat. After delivering her baby boy they found that had tangled himself up in the cord and suffocated. Other than that, the baby was healthy and strong and perfect. They named him Spencer Douglas Jayme.
It makes you question everything you think you know and everything you have faith in. Why on earth would this happen? If it had to happen, why couldn't it happen at the beginning of the pregnancy? Either way is a terrible loss, but to be 4-6 weeks away from holding that little angel and taking them home takes the devastation to another level. It's hard to wrap my head around this and maybe I never fully will, but with it not being my personal circumstance I am able to look at it from different angles. My heart tends to lean toward the positive side of this. I just keep thinking that this sweet little baby boy was so incredible and such valiant spirit that he didn't need to endure his time on earth. It wasn't necessary for him to be tested and prove himself because he had already shown his righteousness and loyalty to Heavenly Father. Then I think about Lori. Why would she have to go through something like this? She must be so amazing in Heavenly Father's eyes for her to be able to carry this child that was so great and wonderful. Lori will always be Spencer's mom and he will know her and love her. I know they will meet again and all that she does not understand here on Earth will be clear to her. I pray that Lori and Nathan's hearts will mend and they will be stronger and closer as a result. I pray they can seek to find the positive light in all of this heartbreak.
Thanks Nicole. I love you so much for that. I miss him so much and know he's in a good place.
ReplyDelete