8/27/2014

Kindergarten

Happiest Hump Day ever! This sweet girl missed the first two days of kindergarten because she was sick. She was so sad seeing everyone else's pictures and hearing about what was going on without her. Well, she got to go today! When we knew for certain she could go we both screamed and did the happy dance! When we walked in, the teacher introduced her to the class, they all exchanged hellos, she was led to her seat {{I'll be honest, as I'm writing this I'm choked up a bit}}, she turned and waved goodbye and we walked out. Then my tears came. Ryiah was perfectly content and in her happy place. She has been in school the past two years so she was comfortable going, just a bit nervous of how things would be different moving into kindergarten

I'm no more emotional about this than I am on any given day. I get choked up about her every move! I know I'm a bit over the top with emotions, but it's exactly as Ryiah says, "I try to stop crying *insert dramatic voice and head being thrown back*  BUT I JUST CAAAAAN'T!"


I love this little person more than I can describe. She is truly better than me and I look up to her in so many ways. How strange is that? Looking up to my 5 year old? I know her spirit is older and wiser than mine. We were meant to be a team down here on earth and I think we make a pretty good one! 

Okay - so going to the board for a moment - I am praying she shoots for veterinarian before property manager! At this point she says she wants to be like me, but I pray in time she will aspire to be so much more! Also - her best friend being me - I think she was just trying to butter me up a bit, but I'll take it! I know when I ask her that question as a teenager I won't even cross her mind, so I'll soak it up for now. 
Check out her flashy kicks! She had to spice up that uniform somehow!

This is a sweet snapshot from Julie. She ran down to say hi to Ryiah after she found out she got to go today. 


Backtracking - this was actually 8/25/14 ~ the first day of school.
Ryiah felt fine and wanted to go to school so bad but she couldn't be around the other kiddos yet. So we pretended. She got dressed in uniform, I packed her lunch and we spent the day running errands. We stopped at the park for "lunch and recess" and then headed home. We played school there and she worked out of one of her workbooks. She told me it wasn't the same, but she had fun and I was an awesome mom for pretending with her. 

This girl melts me!

No comments:

Post a Comment