12/01/2013

Molly Returns

Look who's back!
Molly the magical elf has returned to watch Ryiah for Santa until Christmas Eve. Santa sent a note with Molly explaining that because she'd be at her dad's house some of the time that he had to send extra help to keep an eye on her. So this is ... Holly (named by Ryiah of course).
Ryiah was very quick to see the differences between the two and needed to understand why they didn't both look the same. ***Backing up 2 years ago - I couldn't afford the real Elf on the Shelf so I wasn't going to be able to do it. Randomly, I got a gift on my doorstep and inside was little Molly (clearly Santa is real)! I used her the last two years. Now that Sean is here and wanted to participate, I needed to figure out a way to incorporate the new elves. ***Back to the present - I explained to Ryiah that elves come in all shapes, sizes and colors just as people do. Molly must be the supervisor over the smaller elves. She bought it so we are on our way! 

I just love this time of year and the spirit it brings. I love that Ryiah gets excited over the little things and that it is all special for her.

Just hangin' around.
Holly made breakfast for Ryiah.

Molly was swinging from the light!

Molly played with Ry's little wooden Japenese dolls while... Holly kidnapped the baby one!

Ryiah got too close and Holly fell over. Because you are never supposed to touch the elves, Ry freaked out about her never coming back to life. She wrote Santa a letter apologizing.

Holly came back! Santa said everything was okay and as long as she was good, Holly could stay! Ryiah lit up when she heard this!
Molly has prepared herself as well as some of Ryiah's favorite friends for the rain and snow we might get today.

Peppermint Joe Joe's for a midnight snack? Why not?! 
Zip line!!! So fun!

Movie night isn't movie night without popcorn! 

Holly and Molly typed Santa a letter telling him how good Ryiah's been.

They got into the crap cabinet and Holly went straight for the vitamins! Good and healthy litte elf! 
Tangled much?

Naughty little elves started getting into Ry's presents.

Paying house!

So sad to see Molly and Holly go, but the time has come for them to return to the North Pole. Another year has come and gone - way too quickly.  

No comments:

Post a Comment