As 2012 comes to an end, I have to take a moment to express how grateful I am for this past year.
This past year has been pretty good to me. I am so fortunate, maybe more than most. I do not mean to sound as if I am better or above anyone, but I do have to acknowledge the things I've been given and express my gratitude. My family has been around me and supported me with love from day one and this past year was no different. I have been with my parents now for 3 years. Although it is a tough situation for me, they have never complained, (not to my face anyway! That's the important part ). They have always looked after me and Ryiah and accepted us with open arms. They are true examples of unconditional love and just purely good people.
I have been with Service Repair Solutions almost 1 1/2 years now. I started out behind the front desk and quickly fell into the Office/Facility Management position when my boss left the company. I have been very fortunate to have a job at all considering there are so many people without one right now. I enjoy my job and the people that surround me. I've been able to get my feet back under me this past year and I feel so good about that.
Ryiah is the most amazing little girl. I feel blessed that she has chosen me to be her mother, but I also feel so inadequate. I really believe she teaches me far more than I could ever teach her. People ask how I do it (single, working mom) and not break. Being a single mom is all I know. I really think its because of who Ryiah is that I am able to survive it, though. I might actually fall apart if she weren't such a perfect part of my life. She keeps me in check in all aspects. She reminds me of what's important. I am grateful for her beyond words. As I tear up just thinking about her in this moment, I know that she and I were meant to be.
I don't surround myself with too many people these days. The few friends that are still a part of my life have proven their friendship by always checking on me. It's funny, most of them that care the most, actually live the farthest away! There are some that live literally blocks from me that I never hear from. How's that work? It doesn't matter! I absolutely cherish the true friends I have no matter how far apart we are. I'm grateful and blessed to have them be a part of my life.
Looking forward into 2013 is kind of foggy. I don't know what it has in store for me or the direction it will take me. I really want to be open to it all though. I have been completely shut down the last few years to new relationships of any kind. I need to slap myself straight and just move forward with optimism and happiness. I miss that about me! I need to let things go and allow myself to have a future full of good times and great people.
Here's to 2013 and all the greatness it will bring!!!

Look at that face! She really is beautiful and you are doing a fantastic job. I hear what you are saying on the friendship part. I find I'm in the same situation. Maybe the farther away people live to each other, the more people accept that effort must be made? Whatever the reason, I'm grateful you have those friendships and have such a great family behind you.
ReplyDelete